Farm Hand Fish

Friday, January 26, 2007

Warning....Unpopular Opinion Below

So many things have happened since last I blogged. However every time something happens that I think to myself - "I should blog about that" - I just can't bring myself to do it. I just don't like this whole concept of blogging. I know it's really quite lame of me to be criticizing something using the very medium which I am harping on. However, I wanted to let all of you out there, that happen upon my blog every so often, know why it is that my posts are so few and far between. If people in my life really want to know what's happening with me they can pick up the phone and call me or even shoot me an e-mail (which I am much better at returning now by the way....no really Katie I am :D ).
Having said that I will continue to blog and probably more frequently than I have, but I still want you all to know that I do this under duress. Duress from what you ask...I really don't know. The peer pressure to post on a blog perhaps. The sheer magnitude of those of you in the blogging community that enforce your warped sense of reality upon the rest of us. Not really sure to be exact. I will join the mainstream of newspaper article type updates about our lives and happenings - avoiding the cumbersome and somewhat vulnerable nature of carrying on real relationships founded upon spending time together and talking about the deeper issues in life. In addition I hope this will be the one and only time my cynic comes crawling out of its hole long enough to be heard, but we'll see.
For all of you that do come here on a regular basis your patience has been....well I don't know that I would say rewarded but....at least now you know I'm alive. On a happier note if you leave comments it's sorta like we're talking :D
As my dear brother would sign off.....ttfn.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Victoria said…

    woo hoo... you blogged! I'm so proud... I'm one to be talking... I hadn't blogged in like a month or so but I did it 2 or 3 times either this week or last week.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, January 27, 2007, Blogger Di said…

    well, one plus for having a blog: you are able to communicate with more people through pictures and messages than there are hours in the day. but, to be perfectly honest, we have been trying to make a conscious effort to use the phone a bit more often.

    i'm happy for you that you've decided to blog. blogging is different for everyone. some just use it to post things they've found on other websites, others try to update people on what they're doing in their lives, and still others decide to put their thoughts to words and publish them. i personally enjoy reading your rantings, ideas, and other reasons you post. and i hope that you continue :)

     
  • At 7:44 AM, January 27, 2007, Blogger j said…

    blah, blah, blah. I think you posted that just to see yourself in written word. Not for our benefit. Thank you captain narccisit (sp?).

     
  • At 5:48 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok - Wheres the next one? Thought you were going to do this more often? Your on home leave - no excuses!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home